Students interested in applying should read through the scholarship guidelines and application thoroughly to familiarize themselves with the process and to ensure eligibility before beginning the application process. The application process is completed through the community college; please direct questions to the community college scholarship office.
To complete the application, eligible students must:
- Apply for fall admission to one or more UC campuses by filing the UC Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships by the November deadline.
- By the date designated by their local, participating community college, applicants must provide their community college counselor or scholarship coordinator with a packet containing the following information:
- Complete Scholarship Application Form found in Scholarship Guidelines and Application
- An official copy of academic transcripts from all colleges attended, including GPA
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic instructor and one from an academic instructor or a work supervisor if the work is relevant to the student’s academics
- Resume, including work and volunteer history
- Personal statement that includes future goals and how the student will give back to her local community in the United States
- A graded research paper, on any topic, written in the past two years (do not edit after grading). Do not submit a hand written exam.
- Information Release Form – Community Colleges signed by student and community college representative
- Apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March deadline
- By late March, notify the Foundation of admittance to a University of California campus.
- The Baskin Foundation will notify the community college counselor who will inform the scholarship recipients of their award by April 15.
- Download the Checklist for Students to keep track of the application process.
Recipients of the Baskin Foundation Scholarship are responsible for the following:
- Once admitted to a UC campus, the student must sign the Information Release Form – UC Campuses to allow the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation to obtain relevant information regarding the student’s financial aid, grades, transfer records, etc. This form must be submitted to the UC campus representative for signature and mailed to the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation.
- The student must sign and submit the Eligibility Verification Form to the UC campus and to the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation.
- Prior to the start of the student’s first term at a UC campus, the student must send official enrollment verification to the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation.
- At the end of each term, the student will complete and submit the Quarter/Semester Update Form to the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation by the deadline listed on our Timeline.
- The student must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- If a student’s GPA for a given term falls below a 3.0, she must submit a performance plan with the Quarter/Semester Update.
- The student must maintain full-time enrollment for the next two academic years.
- Failure to meet these requirements will result in a loss of funds.