The Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation does not accept unsolicited Letters of Inquiry (LOIs).
- A nonprofit organization with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and organized for charitable purposes.
- Located within and primarily serving the Monterey Bay Peninsula, Santa Cruz, tribal lands of the Amah Mutsun, Ohlone, Chalon, Awaswas, and Esselen nations, and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- Funds may be applied to model, promising, or start-up programs.
- For existing programs, we look for high-quality programs that are addressing a documented need in the community they serve and that have a track record of delivering effective services to clients.
- For new or emerging programs, we look to support programs with strong leadership that demonstrate high potential and promise for future success.
- Individuals, either through scholarships or other forms of financial assistance (except through our Scholarship Program)
- Scientific or medical research
- Sectarian purposes (programs that promote religious doctrine)
- Special events or conferences