- “Baskin Foundation Provides Kickstart to Aspiring Ambassador,” Middlebury Institute of International Studies, May 7, 2018
- “Baskin Foundation awards $1.2 million,” Santa Cruz Sentinel, December 29, 2017
- “Gathering for Women finds permanent home in Monterey,” Monterey Herald, November 11, 2017
- “Cabrillo recieves $894,500 donation: Funds to be used for engineering, technology programs.” Mercury News, September 10, 2012.
- “UC Santa Cruz receives gift to establish Baskin Foundation Presidential Chair for Feminist Studies,” UC Santa Cruz News Center, May 9, 2017.
- “The Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation Donates Major Gift,” Gathering for Women, April 12, 2017.
- “Jack and Peggy Baskin, Epitome of Philanthropy,” MPC Connections Spring 2009.
- “Baskin Foundation Grant Revives Cabrillo’s Women’s Studies”, Santa Cruz Sentinel, February 5, 2015.
- “UC Berkeley Engineering College Gets Students Excited about STEM,” Just Good News Biz, July 30, 2015.
- “The Kids Are Alright”: A Glimpse into UCSC’s Girls in Engineering Summer Camp,” Santa Cruz Tech Beat, July 24, 2015.
- “Camp gives middle school girls hands-on experience in engineering,” Berkeley News, July 16, 2015.
“It is difficult to fully express how appreciative and honored I feel to have been selected for this award. Knowing there are people like you who are willing to invest in my success motivates me to keep doing my best. Your generosity will help me to reach my full potential both as a student and as a member of our community.” –Alexis, 2011 Scholarship Recipient.
“I want you to know that on June 11th I will be wearing a stole with your names on it. I will be walking and feeling very proud and eternally thankful for your support in helping me attend the University of California, Santa Cruz and attaining my first bachelor’s degree. You have made this dream a reality.” -Maria, Graduated Scholarship Recipient
“Being awarded the Peggy and Jack Baskin Scholarship will allow me to continue my growth as both a learner and a teacher, and will give me the experience I need to support my dream… I am certain that this scholarship will make a significant contribution to my continuing education and I will follow the foundation’s example and give back to others in the community.” -Wen, 2011 Scholarship Recipient