Scholarship recipients must be enrolled for at least one full year at Cabrillo College, Hartnell College or Monterey Peninsula College.
Each of the participating community colleges may nominate up to three students who meet the following scholarship criteria:
- a woman with a history of outstanding academic and extracurricular success despite socioeconomic hardship
- an intent to give back to her community, in the United States
- a California resident
- a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen with an Alien Registration Number
- a current student at one of the following community colleges: Cabrillo, Hartnell or Monterey Peninsula College
- a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- eligible for financial aid and not currently in default on a Title IV student loan
- eligible for fall admission to a UC campus as a new junior-level transfer student
- nominated to The Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation Scholarship by the president of the respective community college
- Students must be admitted to and enrolled at a University of California campus to receive funds. Upon enrollment, the Foundation provides the funds directly to the UC campus each relevant quarter or semester.
To maintain eligibility:
- Students must use all scholarship funds within two years of community college graduation and must maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing, a minimum 2.0 term GPA.
- Quarter/Semester Updates of student progress must be sent to the Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation at the end of each academic term.
The application process is handled by your community college; please direct questions to their scholarship offices.